March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Room to Run

I've always felt like New Year's Eve was over-rated ~ too much hype, not enough delivery.

For many of the last several years Frank and I have spent this holiday at the lake. And let me tell you the lake delivers... It's easy! It's fun! It's comfortable ~ low-key and no stress! Sometimes we've spent the holiday alone, but mostly with friends. Good friends! {who always do a better job posting about an event than I can do} Friends who you can be COMPLETELY yourself with. Friends who you can cancel your New Years Plans with ~ not just once but twice ~ {once for Frank's cousin who was being deployed to Iraq and again for the eminent arrival of our sweet baby girl}. Friends who know you almost as well as you know yourself. Friends who also have four children ~ the same age as ours. Friends who understand the laundry, the meal-planning, the tantrums, the accidents, the laughter, the need to be outside and to have room to run, room to play, room to be children...

Without further ado... Reader beware ~ For those of you who want pictures there are a lot! I told you it was fun! It was also relaxing ~ if you can imagine that with eight {yes, you read correctly} children six an under. It was entertaining. I think I am safe to say that it was a special time for all. In my eyes, it delivered...


























I hope you have friends like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment