March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Ice, Ice Baby

Greetings from Park City Utah,

First, I'll show you the getting there, and then I'll tell you what we are doing here.









Since 2008, Frank and I have been blessed to have an opportunity to go skiing every few years. Frank is involved with the Financial Services section of the ABA, and every two years they have their annual meeting in Park City. Four years ago, Frank invited me to go with him.

I was just thrilled to have a getaway with my hubby. I was ecstatic that his parents were willing to keep our little ones who at the time were almost 2 1/2 and 6 months. I have to admit, I was a little nervous to hit the slopes because when I sat down to count the years since I had skied it was a larger number than I would have liked. The last time I had skied was when I was a senior in high school and I had only been three times total. That hardly counts as being a skier. Frank hadn't been since college. Though skiing was something we had both enjoyed in our younger years it wasn't something we had ever been avid about, and we had resigned ourselves to being beach people ~ less risk of injury there.

That winter we had a ball. There was plenty of snow and the skiing was awesome. We realized it was something that we still enjoyed. Not only was it fun ~it was something we could do together where we could be outside and active.

So we had the opportunity to go back in January of 2010. Frank's parents again graciously volunteered to keep our now three little ones who were almost 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and barely 1. Again, though there was much more ice than snow, we had a ball and thought maybe just maybe, if we could make it work we would bring our two big children with us in two years.

Amazingly, we were able to make it work. This time my mother so kindly stepped up to the plate and is keeping Walker and Betsy so that Mary Frances, Stephen, and I could accompany Frank to Park City. Thank you ShuShu!


Here they are leaving us for ski school ~
Frank and I went on our way and went down a few runs {again there is more ice than snow} before checking back in with the kiddos to see how things were going~


The had a great teacher ~ she was perfect for them!

After a full day on the slopres we are all exhausted ~ ready for a nap and some dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment