March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

But She Was Still Hungry

My sweet baby is one! Betsy, how precious you are to us. Thank you for your wonderful smile, your sweet disposition, your dear laugh, your "scrunchy face," and most of all your patient spirit. As I went through our pictures of the year to create your birthday slide show, I marvelled at all you have endured in your short little life. Endured is a strong word... There was no hardship for you or your parents, yet you have done things that I never did with your siblings ~ you slept in the hallway for the first 11 months of your life. You were toted around here and there and everywhere either in a pumpkin seat, stroller, or the Baby Bjorn. You were denied naps in your bed with much consistency. You were fed throughout the day and night. Maybe through it all you developed patience and flexibility at an early age. I know the year went a long way in helping to develop this mama's patience and flexibility.

As I've stated many times in some ways it was a very long year and in some ways it was a blink of an eye. It was mainly a year of survival! A year of waking up each day and putting one foot in front of the other to keep moving. A year of learning to ask God, what next Lord to keep moving.
Betsy, I hope there is never any doubt in your eyes, how loved you are. You are loved by many! You are loved deeply. We cannot imagine our lives without you...
In our home, we love a book! We especially love a colorful classic like The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
I like having a theme for my children's birthday celebration. It makes it easier. I know I didn't have to go to the effort for Betsy's birthday, but I think it is important for my other children to see us celebrate each other.

I planned the simple supper around the foods that the caterpillar eats in the book.

My inspiration came from here.


Everyone enjoyed your birthday slide show...

I had some help setting the table. Mary Frances made place cards for everyone. Aren't her caterpillars cute!
We love having you at the table with us.
Henri kept trying to eat your food.
You didn't like it!



You also didn't like your cake. That's okay...


Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment