March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cheers!

Yesterday, we closed the chapter on yet another year. It was a good year. It was a full year for my dear family. It was a sweet and precious year for us. The year was long and short all at the same time. It was a year we will likely never forget. Just like any family, we've had our ups, and we've had our downs. We covered a lot of territory in twelve short months. We've had our trials and our tribulations. There have been moments I will cherish forever and some I hope that everyone will forget. There has been laughter and there have been tears. We have been loved by and supported by many. Above all else there has been love and joy. And if I'm being honest, there have been many moments when I wanted to throw my hands in the air and scream I can't do this. But I did! We survived and are stronger and hopefully more lovely for the experience. I could share stories and lessons for days, but I won't because they are mine...they are ours. Some have been shared along the way. Some have been shared in person. And some have already been forgotten.

The highlights in pictures ~

{I will limit it to one per month ~let me hear everyone say "thank you"}


January:

February:

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:
Now remember, a picture only tells you part of the story...for one reason or another each of these pictures resonated with me and my memories of the year, yet they only catch a glimpse of what was going on in our life. You will notice that I did not include one picture of our house because while that was a very prominent part of our year it was by no means the only thing that was going on in our life. It is and was certainly a blessing, but it was by no means the only blessing bestowed unto us over the last twelve months.

The beginning of a new year gives you a chance to pause ~ to reflect on the past and to look towards the future. To see where you have shined and to see where you have failed. As I glance over our last year the one thing I can be sure of is how loved we are ~ loved by each other, loved by our family, loved by our friends, and most assuredly loved by our Lord.

Happy New Year! May you and yours have a Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment