March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Baby

My baby is growing up ~ well at least he is getting older in months and bigger in size. He has become quite the "mama's boy" and likes to be held, cuddled, and carried.

After putting away the Christmas decorations and picking up the living areas {kitchen, dining room, den ~ don't look at the rest} of the house, we prepared for Walker's first birthday. I can't believe my baby is one. I can't think about it too much so I just enjoy the moments.

What do you do for a one year old whose birthday falls so quickly after Christmas? For months, we have discussed what kind of birthday cake Walker should have. Mary Frances announced it should be a clown. I went with that because it seemed colorful and fun. Well, Walker had other plans. As December drew closer it became evident that doors are his favorite thing. Yes, you read correctly~ DOORS! He loves to swing any door open and closed so Frank came up with the creative idea to have a "door birthday." And so we did...

silly yes ~ dorky probably ~ creative definitely ~ memorable for sure

The day began with pancakes - Walker's favorite breakfast.

Our goal in celebrating birthdays is to show our little ones that they are special and to hopefully convey that we love them very much. We try not to do this with presents but with the other things we do throughout the day.So there are balloons and lots of them, pictures of their year, a slide show of their joys, triumphs, frustrations, fears, friends, a menu that they love, a celebration with family, an activity of choice.

We enjoyed dinner with family ~ the five of us, Tootsie, Pops and Aunt Kydie. Walker loves lasagna ~ who doesn't?

Not so sure about the cake at first, but then he discovered the icing. There were a few presents...


Happy first birthday, Walker! We love you.

Now onto the next thing ~ the lake with dear old friends for New Years. We can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment