March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

New Years at the lake has become somewhat of a tradition. Some years we have invited friends other years it has been just family or extended family. We had to take the year off last year in order to welcome Walker into the world, but we tried it again this year, with friends. It was wonderful! Frank's parents were awfully brave to not only let us come for the holiday but to also let us invite friends. The friends are my best friend from Mobile and her husband and three terrific boys. It is such fun to be with them for many reasons ~ they are wonderful parents with wonderful children but best of all they have a playmate for each of my little ones. To my dismay my pictures don't prove that a good time was had by all. I hope that Anne captured our time better than I did. It seemed I was always snapping the picture at the wrong moment or looking for my camera during the perfect photo opportunity. Here are a few of my attempts; however no camera can capture how great it was to spend time with good, old friends. I hope we are able to do this many more times over the years ~

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast...thank you so much for inviting my crazy clan to celebrate with y'all! Can't wait to see you again in February!

    ReplyDelete