March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Been Too Long

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted. It isn't that I haven't had anything to say because I am rarely at a loss of words. It isn't that nothing has happened that I don't want to record because we have been going places and doing things. My children {and I} have had precious moments and many not so precious moments. It is simply that we have been busy! We've been sewing and monogramming. We've been cooking and baking. We've been crafting and creating. We've even been attempting to keep up with laundry, closets, bathrooms, and the paper that comes into this house. Notice there was no mention of shopping - I'm not much of a shopper and many of the things that were bought were ordered either online or via catalog which is SO much easier with 3 children four and under. Of course there are the normal errands - grocery, dry cleaning, walmart, etc, but even those have been curtailed because of the rain.

An aside... We have had lots and lots of rain. I keep teasing my dad that he might want to reconsider selling Beat Army because we might need to use it as an ark.

Christmas sneaked up on me this year, and I wasn't nearly as prepared as I would like to have been but I am close, so close to shutting down Santa's Workshop at this house. In fact I even cleared off the dining room table to have dinner guests tonight. Now that's a feat!



I always try to do way to much. I want to do for family, extended family, neighbors, friends, teachers. And then there are those who I want to do things for but it often just doesn't get done - the mailman, the garbage man, the nursery workers, the librarians. I never do anything big - just a thought, a remembrance, a happy - whatever you want to call it. I {with help} typically make what I do give. I want for those who touch my world and my children's world to know that they are special and that they are loved and appreciated. I also want my children to be involved in the process - so they paint with me,
they cut with me,
they measure with me,
they wrap with me, they listen for timers with me, they deliver with me and much, much more.
In an essence they help me!
Yes, it would be easier and faster to just do it myself, but then I would not be helping them learn about giving. As we are doing these tasks we talk ~ we talk about God's love, we talk about doing for others, we talk about thinking of others first, we talk about the reasons we celebrate Christmas, we talk about Mary and Joseph and Jesus' birth, we talk about waiting, we talk about preparing. Isn't that what Advent is all about?




No comments:

Post a Comment