March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Friends of the Library

From this...




To this...
We love most books in this house and Fancy Nancy has been among our favorites for about two years now. I laugh that Fancy Nancy is one of MFS' favorites because I am more of a "Plain Jane" myself, but Mary Frances loves anything with glitter and gold, ruffles and frills. This library event was based on what I assume is Jane O'Conner's latest book Fancy Nancy: Splendiforous Christmas. Go check it out...
We love our local library. We are there often ~ we walk, we drive, we just stop in, we stay for hours, we play, we read, we take friends, we visit with friends! Sometimes leaving is torture for my children and trying for me. It's a toss up ~ I'm glad they love books and the library, but I want them to obey when I say it's time to go.
Since Thanksgiving we have been to the library for Toddler Tales {the two year old story time} twice, family night {a holiday singalong with dinner - every mother's dream}, signed Walker up for his first Mother Goose {the one year old story time - let's not talk about that}, and the Holiday Hairdo Hullabaloo {see the above pictures}, and we did not even participate in a fraction of the events that are offered.

Now for my soap box! I remember when I first moved to the area and started using the local libraries to supplement my classroom with books. I was floored! The libraries in this community were amazing! I visited many of them because either they didn't offer the service I will talk about later or I just didn't know about it. These libraries, each and every one, provide a WONDERFUL resource for the members of our greater community. I repeat these sentiments often: there is no reason for any child in our community not to have access to books. Just visit the library! If you can, support the library! If you can't support monetarily give them your time, or simply sign up for the summer reading program {they get dollars and books} based on the number of participants.
One bonus that the libraries offer: you can do an online catalog search to see if any participating library has the book, put the book on hold, and have it sent sent to a library of your choosing.
And more pictures from our local library...

No comments:

Post a Comment