March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Posada

I was not familiar with the term "Posada" nor the tradition of the Posada until Mary Frances graduated from the nursery and entered the world of Sunday School last year. The church has a Mary and Joseph for each Pre-K Sunday School class to pass around. We signed up for a Sunday in December, and no one signed up after us so we acted as innkeepers to Mary and Joseph for an entire week.

Mary and Joseph were loved by my children. They were well cared for. They went on strolls through the house. They slept in different special spots each evening. They even received a bath as they were quite dirty when they arrived at our home.We were happy to have them for a week during this season of Advent, and we were happy to return them to the church for other families to care for as they continue on their symbolic journey to Bethlehem. I like this tradition! It opened the door for many insightful conversations. Fortunately, my family has many more years in Pre-K Sunday School so there will no doubt be many more opportunities to act as innkeepers to Mary and Joseph as they prepare for the birth of their son, our savior.













No comments:

Post a Comment