March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Well, No

I look at this little blue car and am overcome by memories.  You see, it has been around for a long time.  Mary Frances received it for her first birthday from Frank and me.  It has been loved my many!  On occasion is is still used by all.

Today it provided laughs for all.  Yesterday when I arrived home it was a bit farther down in the driveway than I wanted.   When I got out of the car, I attempted to toss it in the flowerbed.  It didn't make it, but I left it because it was far enough up that I could pull all the way in.  As you can see from the picture, it landed upside down, and I left it that way.  This morning as we were pulling out of the driveway for Crestline drop-off, the children commented on it.  I made an offhand comment about taking it for a spin and having a wreck.  They thought that was the funniest thing they had heard in long time.  They were all laughing hysterically and asking where I went.  They each chimed in where they thought I went.  And then, Mary Frances said, "So that's why the house doesn't get clean."  Ouch!  Well no, that isn't why the house doesn't get clean but there is not need to explain the multitude of reasons.
  
I'm glad the thought of me on the little blue car could provide such entertainment for each of you all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment