March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Terrible Blogger

Hi there!  I confess...again!  I am a terrible blogger.  But that is okay.  Anyway, I think my husband is the only one who reads it.  And it is really just for us!  A way to document the craziness of our life.

So where did I leave off?
Okay, so I guess you gathered we went on a ski trip and left Betsy behind.
We had a blast! The kiddos did some ski school, but the big two got to ski with us one day.

The plan was to all ski together the final day, but Stephen had a big crash.  We decided it just wasn't worth the risk so we went to the Olympic Museum in Park City.  It was really cool!  The Australian ski team was there practicing.  I am looking forward to the Olympics to see them in competition.
Stephen came home and wrote about all of his adventures…
What I didn't tell you was that we were gone for a birthday.  Betsy's third birthday was while we were away.  She celebrated in Mobile with my mom and brother's family.  And then she celebrated at school.  And then she celebrated at home with friends, neighbors, and family.
She didn't seem to mind at all.  She kept calling her birthday dinner at our house her "other birthday."
When it comes time for birthdays, I always get a bit sad.  You see I grew up surrounded by lots of family - two sets of grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  As a child, I may not have gotten the perfect present for my birthday, but I always had a birthday dinner with lots of family.  I want that for my children.  While we have a large family, our extended family living in Birmingham consists of one.  POPS!  Pops is great, a saint really, but it is often just the seven of us.  Frank and I like to say, "Any ol' Tuesday night!"   I want more for my children's birthdays so we adopt "family."
Fortunately, we have friends who humor me!
Happy Birthday Betsy Boo!

On another note, aren't you glad you don't teach these boys' Sunday School class?






No comments:

Post a Comment