March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Just an Ordinary Day!

Yesterday was an ordinary day!  It was a good day - no, make that a great day.  Maybe it was an extraordinary day!  Of course there were tasks that needed to be completed, but there was nothing pressing.  Frank went into work early and it was threatening to rain, so I drove the big kids to school and made our way to WalMart.  There were ordinary items on our list but none crucial.  {You know what I mean - Oh no that was the last diaper! - type of items}  I dropped Walker off at school and took Betsy to story time. We came home to eat lunch, read a story {or three}, and  take a nap. I prepared dinner for a friend who just had a baby and put our own in the crockpot.  Walker had a ride home from school and in turn that friend came to play so her mommy could enjoy two more hours of time to clean her house while the baby napped.  Betsy woke up.  I painted with Betsy and then attended to some cleaning of my own.  The big two came home, ate a snack, showed me their folders, played, and worked on their homework.  The friend went home.  We ran to CVS to pick up a prescription and then to another friend's house to borrow some roller blades.  {I hope you get to hear more about that at a later time!}.  When we returned home they had about 15 minutes to play before it was time to pick up and take baths.  They decided to try out the roller blades.  It was comical!  I went into attempt a few chores.  There was some screaming on the part of my No. 1.  She needed some space so I sent her to shower while everyone else began the process of picking up.  They took baths.  They picked up - thoroughly {not perfectly, but that is okay} and without too much complaining {that makes it all the better}.  They even set the table and helped unload the dishwasher.  Frank came home.  The roller blades came out again.  We ate supper and visited.  I had to deal with some blatant disobedience.  We helped brush teeth and read a story.  Daddy prayed.  I got a heartfelt apology.  We tucked in our babies.    

And then this is what I saw as I was heading down the stairs!
Oh how I long for more ordinary days.

No comments:

Post a Comment