March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

While at School

After having four children with me almost constantly for the summer, dropping two off at school certainly lightens the load.  Two are just easier ~ they fit in a stroller better, they are easier to get into and out of the car, there is less complaining and bickering, the demands are just, well, lighter.
 
It is always fun to see how Betsy and Walker react to being just the two of them again.  They play together well.   
So what do we do while the big two are at school.  Well let's see...
We've gone on leisurely runs ~ slowing once to chase a trail of water to see where it drained and then again to watch a digger.

We've run some errands and gone to the Junior League office. 
We've gone to the library and done some cooking.
We've played with play dough and attempted to do some cleaning. 
We've done some laundry and painted pretty pictures.
We've sat on the floor and done some coloring and lots of reading. 
We've gone to the preschool to see their classes and meet their teachers.
Nothing special really ~ just enjoying each other and the slower pace ~ impromptu play dates, time at the Tot Lot, and the zoo, picnics on the porch, and

Now don't get me wrong ~ when that school bell rings at 2:50 we are thrilled to see two happy faces running towards us at pick-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment