March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Here We Go...

It's back to school time around my neighborhood.  I've always loved going back to school, and now as a mother it is no different.  Going back to school is fun and exciting!

School started yesterday though we have known our teachers since last Monday.  We even got to go see our classrooms and meet the teachers on Friday.  That was a welcome change in my opinion.  In the past only the kindergarten students got to meet their teachers and see their classrooms before the first day of school.  For mine, there is a lot less anxiety if some of the unknowns are taken away.
 
We were up early and Frank left even earlier.  He was bummed to miss the first morning of school though we were thankful he was able to arrange the flights so he could be with us for dinner on Sunday.

Clothes were pressed and hanging in closets.  Shoes were mated and in lockers.  Everyone was happy, calm, and obedient.  We had a filling breakfast of "choose your own adventure oatmeal."  Lunches were constructed and backpacks filled.

First stop, obligatory pictures by the mailbox.  Mary Frances was reminiscing about her first grade year when our house was under construction yet we still took her picture by the mailbox.  She wasn't happy about it - that year!  I'm sure we have more of those to come but for today everyone was all smiles.
I'm so glad they have each other.






Next, we walked to school.  Have I told you before that being able to walk to and from school is possibly my favorite thing about where I live?
Then we entered the school.  I love that my boys held hands all the way down the crowded hallways.  It is hard to believe I will have three there next year, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
 Stephen has a new young teacher.  I'm sure it will be great.
Mary Frances has a teacher new to third grade, and I think it is going to be an awesome year.
My two little ones will certainly miss their brother and sister, but they will enjoy the calm that comes with two vs. four.
 One of the drawbacks of going back to school - inevitably someone gets woken up to pick up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment