March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pump It Up

Pump, Pump, Pump It Up, Pump that Rockie Spirit Up
What a great Saturday! After a leisurely morning, we all headed to the ball park. Mary Frances had an 11:00 game. Frank took the big three so she could get there to warm up while I stayed at the house to clean the kitchen and let Betsy get a nap.
My littlest one is among the Rockies biggest fans. She thoroughly enjoys watching the games ~ either from my arms or standing at the fence. The bleachers aren't really her thing! She claps for the girls and even joins in the cheering.Yesterday, Stephen brought along a ball and played with his little sister.
But then he was off to play with the big boys. Stephen loves the ballpark! For my little mayor this is paradise. There is always someone to play with or talk to.
MaeMae plays outfield... To her credit she does a decent job hustling to and from the field, and she is typically in the ready position. Now if a ball comes her way, we'll just have to see if she knows what to do with it.
The Rockies lost...cookies and powerade made it better for some.It was fun for Mary Frances to get to be in the middle of the Rockies cheer. Despite the loss, Mary Frances had a great hitting game. There's something to be said for being the youngest, least experienced on the team. She kept a smile on her face and encouraged her teammates the whole time.
And now we interrupt this sportscast for a family news flash ~
Look mom it's a cup no handles!
~ at least for the moment and with a bit of bribery!

No comments:

Post a Comment