March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

And She Knew

If you check in here ever, you know that I have been a terrible blogger this spring. As with most everything about my life these days, I just can't seem to finish a task. I have several unfinished posts in my "draft" folder. Maybe one day they will either be posted or at least deleted.

For the passed two weeks I have been particularly bad about completing a task. My life has been a series of 45 minute chunks, and there isn't much I can complete in 45 minute chunks. Well that isn't entirely true, but I haven't set my mind to starting and completing some of the tasks I could have {and probably should have} completed. Therefore I will spend my Saturday catching up ~ grocery shopping, cleaning the house, putting away laundry, and the list goes on and on. At least we have company coming for dinner so it gives me something to look forward to and an incentive to complete the tasks.

So today, I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet Betsy. But first let me paint the scene... It was a beautiful spring afternoon. We'd read some Curious George. I'd struggled not to fall asleep. (Yes, dear I'm sure that is a sign of serious sleep deprivation.} We'd eaten a snack complete with veggies {zucchini dip on bagel chips} despite cries of protest from my younger son when he saw me bring out the food processor and shred a green thing. I heard cries of "I don't want that green stuff". Mary Frances and I had just finished making cookie dough. The boys were outside playing*, and I was trying to tidy the kitchen. Betsy was crawling around at my feet. I look over from the sink and this is what I saw ~
Yes, that's Walker's blabla that Betsy is loving on. And she knew it was going to get her all kinds of attention if she picked it up and loved on it. I'm not sure what Walker would have done had he seen her, but I thought it was precious and ran to get my camera.

Hope you have a Happy Saturday! You can find us cheering on the Rockies and catching up on life!

* the workman brought a fabulous sand pile this week ~ I'll have to snap some photos and fill you in on that

1 comment:

  1. Love this...love sweet Betsy! John loves to grab William's pj pants. Sometimes William is willing to share a leg...sometimes not. I've tried to get John his own pair to love on and he is not interested! Gotta love those little siblings!

    ReplyDelete