March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Thank You Anne

Betsy turned five months on Tuesday. She was dressed in this precious outfit. I took some pictures of her in her bed.






You do know she sleeps in the foyer of my father 'n law's house, don't you? Too soon I fear I am going to have to take her out of this cradle and replace it with the pac 'n play though not today.

On Wednesday I took these pictures in yet another precious outfit.



These wonderful bishop bubbles are courtesy of my best friend. Thank you Anne! My best friend lives in Mobile. She is also the mother of four children five and under. All boys! She made these two bubbles when she was learning to sew prior to having any children.


Bishop bubbles are possibly my favorite children's garment. Angel sleeves make them even better. For one reason or another Mary Frances didn't have very many of these. I'm dreaming of making Betsy a few of her own but until then we are going to love wearing the fruits of Mrs. Anne's labors.


Thanks for being such a sweet friend. Wouldn't it be nice to live right next door to each other?

1 comment:

  1. Changed my mind...want those bubbles back with sweet Betsy in them!!! Please start saving for your retirement home down here...we definitely need to live next door at some point and you know the Gills aren't ever going anywhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete