March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lake Time = Fun Time

We have spent the last two weekends at the lake. It has been a blast! The children and I have headed down on Thursday. The packing, gathering, loading and unloading is never fun, but it sure has been nice to wake up and have the day before us. I've enjoyed that time to have my little ones close ~ nowhere to be, no one to see. During those Fridays we have done lots of reading, swimming, crafting, and playing.

The first weekend we had friends with us. It was such a fun, easy weekend! I hope that each of you have friends like that. The children play well together. The adults enjoy conversation together. The meals and clean-up were a joint effort. So fun!

Have I ever told you about church at the lake? Probably not, because in the past we haven't made it with much consistency. We try to leave the house by 8:00 to go to an outside church ~ Church in the Pines. We arrive by boat. Sometimes we eat breakfast in route. We hear a message ~ some more Christ centered than others. The children watch the puppets. We go home and do more lake things. This is a picture of the children watching as we approached the church.
And now for Father's Day Weekend! No company but some impromptu gatherings.

Our decorations ~

Our manly breakfast adapted from here ~ bacon, no beer in our mancakes

Walker finally found something that he really enjoys at the lake ~
Mary Frances and Stephen are fish ~
Mary Frances learned to dive ~
We're missing one ~

No comments:

Post a Comment