March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Putting Things in Perspective


From Sweets with Santa to a Thanksgiving Feast it was a FULL day to end a FULL week.

Stephen is trying to catch a glimpse of Santa!



Waiting patiently for instructions on how to make reindeer antlers.


Enjoying the beginning of their sweet treats - doughnuts and scones followed by a cup of hot chocolate laden with magnificent toppings.


Walker loved the cranberry scone. Mary Frances and I decided we want to try to make some between Thanksgiving and Christmas.


Their first taste of cotton candy! My first reaction was to cringe when Mary Frances spotted it, but I let them get one to share. In reality they liked it and took a few bites but it was quickly discarded. Lesson learned for mommy!

From Sweets with Santa at the Junior League's Market, we took Mary Frances to school, and then ran by the house to get our food for the Thanksgiving Feast and a quick trip to the library to get some new books and make copies of our Sunday school lesson.

Stephen does not go to school on Friday so I am not sure why I felt like I needed to attend his class feast but we did. He ate a great lunch and was very well-behaved. Sadly, I have no pictures because I was holding a tired and hungry baby throughout the meal.



Sweet Frank met us at noon for the second round of feasting!
Walker finally cashed in - poor baby.




This is Mary Frances with her dear friend Beverly.


This is how we all felt!

It has been a long week with many reminders of how blessed my family is. I spent Monday, Tuesday, and the better part of Wednesday in a the Early Intervention and Preschool Conference. I was there to get my continuing education hours to keep my licence for speech-language pathology. I attended some great workshops and learned some tidbits that I can't wait to use with my own children, with my clients, and with the children's preschool. I met some amazing parents who have endured more with their medically fragile children than I can imagine. Because I was attending this conference, we all had to be out of the house by 7:30. This was hard for us! As I am known to do periodically, I called Frank and told him "thank you" for letting me stay home with our children.

In addition, to all I have reported thus far I have been frantically trying to get the children's Christmas outfits completed so they could wear them to Sweets with Santa. They didn't get completed, but I came up with a Plan C that worked well. It was such a reminder that God provides a way and I need to be more trusting and secure in that.

Lastly, upon arriving home and getting my little ones settled for naps I checked my e-mail as I often do and in my "inbox" was a cry for help from a women here in my community. I know this lady {though not well} from my children's preschool and Junior League so the e-mail spurred me to go open my newspaper and read this article to get more information. This women always has a smile on her face and resonates the joy of knowing Christ. She has been handed a difficult lot in life but does not let it get her down. What an example! It certainly put my stress and weariness into perspective and put it on my heart to pray for her and to give what I can to ease her circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment