March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October Archives II

We made cookies...



for Stephen's Hallloween party at school. Stephen's class has been concentrating heavily on colors so we made a variety of Halloween and fall designs which I iced in various colors to go with a homemade Halloween/Fall book - White Ghost, Whit Ghost, What Do You See?. I'm waiting on a group picture of Stephen's class to make a copy of the book to send home with his school friends.


We painted leaves!

As we were walking Mary Frances into school the Friday before Halloween, Mary Frances and Stephen were picking up leaves and commenting on their splendor. They really were beautiful - red and orange in varying shapes and sizes. Stephen, in his matter of fact two-year-old speak, announced that we could "leaf paint" with them. Who knows where they come up with these ideas, but I readily agreed thinking we would do it after picking Mary Frances up from school before naptime since school dismissed early. Wrong, upon walking in the front door Stephen took his leaf and walked to the breakfast room table which is where we do all sorts of activities clearly telling me he was ready to paint with his leaves. And so we did... Really it is only right that I give Stephen that luxury since I spent so mch time doing those types of activities alone with Mary Frances before he was born or while he was taking a morning nap.

We did it some more after Mary Frances got home from school.

Just don't want you to forget about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment