March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Pancakes, a Tailgate, and a Parade

Good Morning! Walker is enjoying his first pancake breakfast immensely.

I wasn't counting but Frank reported that he ate seven - that's double what I ate. It looks like I'm going to be doubling the recipe sooner rather than later. The funny thing is that I never would have given my older two pancakes at 10 months. As I was preparing the batter, I decided Walker could partake. I justified my decision that it is really only bread. My recipe has very little sugar, and of course he ate them with no syrup.

In addition to trick or treating, our Halloween provided all kinds of excitement for the little ones.

First, we attended the first birthday of a dear friend. Lindsay is a fabulous hostess and she prepared a "tailgate" party for the Ole Miss/Auburn game. Very appropriate since the daddy works for the SEC and is a huge Rebels fan.

Mary Frances loved her Auburn shaker and tattoo.

Oh no! Getting a picture for our Christmas card is going to be very difficult. First, I've got to get the outfits completed so I won't clutter my brain worrying about the pictures yet.

Olivia and Mary Frances admiring the Colonel Reb sugar cookies.
This was our SEC commercial picture - so many little ones sporting their favorite {or their daddy's} team's colors.

You can take a boy out of Mobile, but you can't take Mobile out of the boy. About four years ago, there is a guy who lives here in town who is originally from Mobile and I guess he missed Mardi Gras so he started a "mystic" parade for Halloween. Each year it has gotten bigger and bigger. This year their were 20 floats! I think our family is content to remain among the spectators so here we are. Yes, we are a two stroller family!
And now for what most people think of when they think of Halloween. The costumes! Here are our precious ballerina, big bad wolf, and sweet pea!
I'm going to huff and I'm going to puff and I'm going to blow your house down.

In reality we went to a couple of houses, but they were so content handing out candy at our house. Stephen in particular - he just passed the candy back and forth from his bag back to the big container all night.

They are already talking about what they should dress as next year. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment