March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Archives

A trip to the park...

Walker thought he was hot stuff in the race car with his big brother.

I love this picture because we have one on our refrigerator of Stephen that looks very similar.

Sleeping children are priceless...

I think we still need a nap - at least some days. Mary Frances has graduated from "nap time" to "quiet time." She has this quiet time on my bed which means laundry never gets completed, but I won't complain because she is really good at her quiet time. I made her a "quiet time" box stocked with paper, crayons, scissors, and other quiet activities. Mary Frances loves to learn so she enjoys practicing her letters and doing school activities. Anything with cutting and glueing is a BONUS! She loves carrying around a notebook and writing notes to her friends and family so I make sure that is in the box as well as activities related to her letter of the week at school or other themes from school. Each week I fill it with activities from Enchanted Learning and The Mailbox. The teacher/SLP in me thinks this is great and I am really quite impressed with what she can do.A bike ride...
He's ready!

She's hesitant!

We were debating if we should turn around and head home when Stephen said "No, Peach" and pointed that way.
ShuShu came to visit...
and brought a box!
which provided HOURS of entertainment. In fact, I need to retrieve it from the shed. We had supper club the night ShuShu left, and we put the box away in our efforts to pick up. It is time for it to reappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment