March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Recently Completed Applique

About the newly posted applique creations...

Raggy Pumpkin

I did the raggy pumpkin on WalMart's granimals white top. Because it is a swing top the applique can really only go in the corner. Next time I do the pumpkin, I would put a piece of brown fabric behind the stem, but it really turned out cute. Mary Frances can't wait to wear it. Now I just need to make some matching pants.

Santa Face


I am beginning to think about Christmas. I have this santa face in two different sizes. The small size is perfect for a pair of holiday fancy pants or baby's bid. It is also good on an infant's sleep saque. The large size is great for a t-shirt or turtleneck. I have done it in red {as shown} which is good for boys or girls and also in pink with green trim which is really cute for your girly girl.

Sock Monkey


My little monkey needed a "monkey" to wear. This design is meant for an insert. It is two small sock monkey heads that I put an S in between. I did the "s" instead of a name so both of my boys can wear it. I think one of these monkeys would be cute on a onesie for an infant and one might fit on a pocket of Target's white shirts. I haven't tried it but I think it could be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment