March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sweet Sixteen

Thank heavens we aren't there yet as far as birthdays go.  My Sweet 16 reference is for 16 sweet children all well under the age of 16.  Over the weekend, we were at the lake with our Bible study.  Call us crazy but for the fourth summer, we have had our small group and their families to the lake for a weekend.  That means that 12 adults and 16 children were all under one roof, not for a day, or even a night but instead for an entire weekend.  That's a lot of mouths and a lot of time together.  And you know what, it is easy.  I know you think I am crazy, and I probably am however I find this weekend to be not only easy but also fun!  It is one of our summer traditions that I really look forward to.  As I searched my archives I realized it is not something I have written much about.

In years past, we have spent lots of time on the boat ~ endless tubing and picnics.  This year there wasn't much of that.  Instead we created our own Olympics Games.

The oldest two children were appointed as captains to draft the teams.  {You can tell they aren't used to picking teams in a back and forth fashion because I of all people was the first adult to be chosen.} 
Once the teams were decided the first order of business was to determine a team name and create a team flag.

And then the games began ~ an impromptu eating competition!

 And then the next morning ~ the opening ceremonies and torch lighting.


I am missing pictures of the actual events because I was too busy running around the house with a greased watermelon among other crazy events!
Key Spectators
It was fun!  and different!  and memory producing!
 
Sweet Walker removed himself from the group on Saturday night, found his blahblah and crashed on our futon.

Not this one...
S'mores = Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment