March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Little Bits of Love

Here we are on the first day of February.  February is the month where love is in the air and hearts are everywhere.  I made these chocolate crackers for Frank's office party last Friday.  As I was putting them on the cooling racks, they reminded me of the song, Little Bits of Love, that we used to sing in chapel.  
I can't find the words anywhere, but I would love to share them with my children.  As for the crackers, I liked them and thought it was a great Valentine's gift idea for all - young/old, girl/boy, simple/extravagant.  My children didn't necessarily agree, but I still think I will add some cheese and use them to create a Valentine's happy for their teachers.
I'm not a big Valentine's person, but I saw this idea and thought I might emulate it.  I'm not great at celebrating my children for their individual strengths and accomplishments.  They need to know that I think they are great, and that I love them for who they are.  I want them to know that I see them trying to do the right things and to be the type of people we are called to be. 

I thought this was an easy idea to help accomplish that goal.  Instead of their bedroom door, I am going to place the hearts on their locker doors.  I'm more likely to complete this task if it is downstairs and I don't risk waking them up to add the hearts to their ribbons.  I am going to use min-clothespins to attach the hearts to the ribbon.
Over the last couple of years, we have been crafty and made our own Valentine's.  I'm thinking Mary Frances and I could have fun doing this.  I have an abundance of embroidery floss just waiting to be used and we have talked about learning how to make friendship bracelets.  The car trips to and from Mobile will be perfect to complete the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment