March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Lenten Resolve

I've used these words in my Ash Wednesday post before, but I love them and so I repeat myself.

A Lenten Resolve

Fast from criticism, and feast on praise.
Fast from self-pity, and feast on joy.
Fast from ill temper, and feast on peace.
Fast from resentment, and feast on contentment.
Fast from jealousy, and feast on love.
Fast from pride, and feast on humility.
Fast from selfishness, and feast on service.
Fast from fear, and feast on faith.

As I have prayed over what my Lenten discipline should be this year, these words are never far from my mind.  While I will ultimately decide to "give-up" something, I will also try to take on something, but mainly I want to remember the words from this Lenten Resolve and try to live them not just during this season of lent but throughout the year.

So what have you been up to?

We've spent some time in Mobile celebrating Mardi Gras among other things.  I really have no pictures to speak of.  It is hard to get pictures when you are juggling four children and their bags while trying to protect them from flying objects.
from the archives of my computer
And then there was the stomach bug...  In Stephen's words it was the saddest Mardi Gras ever and Sarah probably agrees.  We arrived in Mobile on Friday evening in time to catch the parade.  Once we claimed a spot on the barricade, Stephen promptly threw up.  At least, he felt it coming and had the courteous to remove himself from the crowd.  I took him, and we watched from the sidelines.  As the parade was concluding, and firetrucks were approaching, Walker decided it was his turn to get sick - all over himself, Uncle Bill, and Sarah.  All I could do was laugh...   

Now back to the lack of pictures ~ The pictures that I did take are stuck on my camera in Mobile or on my phone.  Yes, in our haste to get out the door yesterday, I left my camera on my mother's dining room table.  You might be thinking that I have a new phone ~ surely it takes pictures.  It does but apparently, my new phone is not so "smart" - it won't send my e-mails.  Well, really it is just me who is not so smart.  I am not technologically savvy enough to figure out why my phone won't send e-mail.

Just to give you a taste of what we were doing, I'll post pictures from the weekend before:

Correct, we were there two weekends in a row.  The first weekend we actually traveled south to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday.  What a blessing it is that both of my grandmother's are still living and my children get to experience that heritage!
It was so fun to see my cousins and let our children play.
That's all for now... I'm going to go make lunch for my one child who gets to go to school today!

No comments:

Post a Comment