March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fun Fall Football Fare

I don't know about your your house, but in our house our fall social calendar revolves around college football~ SEC football in particular. Today has been no different!

We started our day around 5:00, and it wasn't the children who couldn't sleep. It was the adults! Remind me to remind Frank that he was the quitter today...

By 6:00, we had homemade BBQ sauce simmering on the stove top, pancake batter in a bowl, and one only child awake. Frank was on his way to Home Depot to get some supplies to work on the playhouse in our backyard, and I was off to the shower to prepare for the day. These is how my eldest son met me in the kitchen...




Don't you just love that bed head and sly smile!


Betsy and I left the gang to head to the YWCA for my Junior League Placement ~ Kids in the Kitchen. The rest of the family headed own the street to work on the playhouse. We met back at Pops' house to take BBQ to the workmen at the house and then back home to prepare for our own guests.

I'm always on the lookout for healthy snacks for my children. Those that can double as tailgate food are a bonus. Most game day food is high in calories and fat in addition to being highly processed. Nuts are a good pick-up food ~ easy and healthy yet high in fat and addictive so that you often eat more than you mean to. Today I found an alternative ~ roasted chickpeas! They were quite yummy ~ even Betsy liked them. That is saying A LOT since she won't eat much of anything.


Back to those guests ~
These sweet friends have three boys who fall in between each of our children. They are good boys and our children all play well together. It is always a treat to be together.





No comments:

Post a Comment