March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Making Progress

I have been remiss in posting anything much less anything about the house. We still make a nightly trip down there to see what has happened during the day, and I still take pictures. The wonderful guy who has put down the tile throughout the houses told Frank recently that "we're close." I'm not sure if I believe him, but at least we are making progress. People keep asking when we are moving in, and the reality is that I haven't known. As of late I've been saying 6-8 weeks but ask me two weeks from now and I'll probably still be saying 6-8 weeks. I guess that sounds doable in my head, However when Frank called me this week to tell me that it would be November 8th before they could be finished I burst into tears.

Okay, at least we are making progress. Here are some pictures of that progress in no particular order...

Bathrooms~

Here is the master bathroom. Since these pictures were taken the sink faucets have been put in. The toilet is sitting in our bedroom ready to be installed, and the bathtub has been put back in place.


This is the boys' bathroom...

This is the girls' bathroom a few days later. As you can see the toilets have arrived! Like I said, we're making progress.

Stone ~
It makes my heart sing to see a completed section of stone!




The columns and arches on the front porch are going to be painfully slow...

Maybe, just maybe we will get to hand out Halloween candy from the front porch.

Our painter is awesome! The beams have all been stained. The bedrooms all have a coat of paint, and I'm thrilled with our paint selection The textured wall started to go up yesterday.



The landing at the top of our stairs will serve as the children's playroom and eventually an upstairs den. Here is a picture of the window seat with storage.


The hardwood floors are completely installed downstairs. Unfortunately they have hit a snag with the upstairs. They are short some wood. This will be our hold up in being able to move in, however the wood is on order and we are waiting on it to arrive so it can cure.



The stair treads are in to our found space in Mary Frances' closet. When my children go missing, this is where they are.



Interior Doors ~


Dad, do they look familiar?







Still no exterior doors ~ maybe next week.

Living room fireplace ~


Dining room ceiling ~

And now I'll leave you with my husband's handywork. This is how he has spent his time between football games the last couple of weekends. Didn't he do a good job?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment