March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Like a Man

So it turns out that Walker was the culprit of the missing keys. We should have guessed! The thing is they were all in the room where my computer "lives" so I wasn't quite sure.

Let me tell you he rose to the occasion and took it like a man. First, he readily admitted that he had done it. The others were admonished for letting it happen, and everyone lost their computer privileges until after Christmas. {Yes, you read right - that means no thirty minutes of Starfall for the next 2 1/2 months.} Walker lost his blanket for a week. Frank gave them their consequences and asked Walker to go get his blanket. The sweet boy went and handed it over with NO backtalk - there were no complaints, no excuses, no tears. There was not even a whimper or a whine. That isn't how he often comes across so I was quite proud of the way he handled himself.

To everyone we saw on Tuesday, Walker said, "I broke mama's computer. Daddy took my blanket." I said either he was proud of what had happened or he was remorseful. I think my dad is right in saying it was at least weighing heavily on his mind.

Enough about that. And so you don't lose sleep wondering how I can type, I was able to get most of the keys back on the keyboard. For that I was grateful!

Here is a picture of the front of the house for Frank who is out of town until this evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment