March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh My!


My poor boys spent their last day of summer running errands {grocery store, daily box hunt, and new shoes for Walker} with their mommy in the rain, playing in a box fort while their mommy and daddy met with contractors {for two hours} during lunch, and foregoing the "little pizza" dinner Stephen requested for Chef Boyardee with Pops while mommy and daddy again met with contractors during the dinner hour.

Thank goodness, they didn't seem to notice or care! What a lesson to all of us... If they were disappointed that we couldn't go to the pool due to the rain it was never mentioned. If Stephen was upset that he didn't get his requested dinner or help me make peanut butter cookies, he didn't drop even the slightest hint through words, attitude, or actions.

Since Mary Frances started school three weeks ago, I have said {though feeling guilty} it was going to be a great birthday present to send the boys to school. I was looking forward to a day of being able to clean my big children's closet as well as a myriad of other mundane tasks while not being interrupted. Now that it is here , I'm not sure I'm ready. As I tucked Stephen into bed last night, I actually got teary eyed because I am going to miss them.

Don't get me wrong, it will be nice to have some quiet for a couple of hours ~ to go visit the daycare center where I am doing my Junior League placement, to meet with another set of contractors with Frank, to cook dinner for friends who just had a baby, and to hopefully clean that closet and pack a few boxes.

Though I can assure you I will be among the first in the parking lot at dismissal time because I won't be able to stay away from these precious faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment