March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A New Beginning

I've always loved the beginning of school ~ I love all things "school!" and nothing sets the stage more than the anticipation of back to school. I love school supplies, lunchboxes, new shoes and clothes, and as a teacher I loved setting up and preparing the classroom. {My Junior League project is satisfying that need this year ~ more on that another day.} I even love that my baby is entering that world only because I think we are ready to begin this new chapter in our lives ~ though I think I will miss her terribly.
We've come a long way from our first day of St. Lukes ~ unfortunately the pictures to show you are stuck on my old computer {hopefully to be retrieved soon}, but I have a memory of a sweet, shy, not so sure of herself 13 month old sitting on our front steps wearing a pink floral pique Frannie Baby.

But back to today... We walked as a family and arrived in plenty of time. As we got closer to the school, she walked slower and repeatedly needed to stop and scratch an "itch" in her shoe. She was hesitant to get a picture inside the door of school, but after accomplishing that for me she walked straight to her classroom and completed her morning tasks with a huge smile on her face.

Well, this year my oldest embarks on the world of BIG school ~ and big it is. There are seven kindergarten classes! I get lost on the kindergarten hall much less throughout the school. I can make it from the office to her classroom and in getting there pass the auditorium and library as well as see the lunchroom, but if you have me go through a different door I'm lost! It is hard to believe she will be able to navigate those hallways in a short time. I think I am the one who has a lot to learn!
I think Stephen might be the one to miss her the most, but selfishly I am looking forward to some time with just my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment