March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, August 20, 2010

No Regrets


Throughout the week I have been asked over and over in many different ways if it was hard sending Mary Frances to Kindergarten. The short answer is no ~


I truly have no regrets! Her infant, toddler, and preschool years were full, and I will always hold many of these memories close to my heart. I only hope I feel the same as I send each of my children to Kindergarten.

I feel like I spent the first five years of her life being her mother and doing all of those things mothers do ~ we went to the library and the zoo, we took mommy and me swimming lessons, we've baked cookies and other scrumptious itmes, we've painted and colored and completed countless other projects, we've run errands and sorted and folded clothes. Now it is time for me to begin sending her off into the world where I am not there to help her make decisions or control her actions.

One of my philosophies on parenting is that they {my children} are a gift. I have been entrusted with the care of these precious little ones, and it is my job to raise them to be God-loving, independent, self-sufficient adults. My prayer is that over time, they want to be with me, but my job is to send them off into the world.

Do I miss her? Yes! I miss her constant chatter, her precious smile that lights up the world, her thought-provoking comments, and her constant love of learning, but I know she is in a good, safe, and happy place that is nurturing those attributes and others in ways that I cannot.
Yes, I am also very glad when the clock reaches two o'clock, and I know she will be back under my wings within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment