March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Warning...


do not put to bed without sleep sack.

This is how I found my little one when I went to get him from his nap. Well actually he was in the far corner of the crib standing just watching the door. As I walked in he started cackling!

In other news, life is busy. My personality is to be busy~ probably too busy~ but busy is not always good ~ Unfortunately, I truly love to be busy. I love to do. I love the feeling of getting things accomplished. I am by nature a list maker so I love the feeling of checking things off of the list. I have always, at least since high school, felt like I accomplish more when I have more to do. I guess it is because I am more focused, more aware of time, more intentional. I do not do well with the words from Psalm 46:10 where it says Be still and know that I am God. I need to work on this but for the moment thankfully God can hit moving targets.

Busy at school ~

Busy at church ~

Busy at home ~

Busy with friends ~

Busy sewing ~
Busy cooking ~

Busy learning ~

Don't let me fool you! In each day as much gets done as doesn't get done. I often walk around my house and wonder what I did with my time because so much seems left undone. Therefore, I have learned to measure my "to do" list not so much by what I have written down {that is for my feeble brain to remember} and crossed off {that is for my prideful feeling of accomplishment} but by the other little things that are important to me as a mother.

At the end of the day I want to be able to answer yes to each of these questions...
The Basics... which involve more than meets the eye!
Were they clean?
Were they dressed?
Were they fed?
The Extras... which hopefully build life skills and encourage the development of giving, independent, productive, self-sufficient adults!
Did I read to my children?
Did I sit down on the floor and play with them ~ if only for a moment?
Did we make, build, or create something?
Did we have snuggle time somewhere in the day?
Did we have conversations?
Did we pray or read from the Bible?
Did we do something for someone else?

As they have gotten older and more self-sufficient, I have to be more intentional about these things because they play so well together. This week, it has been brought to my attention repeatedly how "lucky" I am that they play so well together. I have reflected on those comments and made two revelations: 1.) I take it for granted 2) I feel that it is not luck but a blessing and I have added it to my list of things to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment