March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Donuts with Dad

This invitation came home about three weeks ago, and I'm not sure if I had ever seen my daughter so excited about something. She has been looking forward to it and talking about this event ever since then.

I think she was excited about having the opportunity to invite her daddy to school ~ to see her classroom, to meet her friends, to see her work, to experience her teachers. It came home on a Wednesday, and we were meeting Frank at church. Mary Frances had the forsight to ask if she could take it in the car with her to give it to Frank as soon as she saw him. And she did! From the day she brought the invitation home she asked if she could wear her "pink dress with flowers all over it." I wish that blogging was able to capture the hand motions that went along with the request. They were clearly used to hammer home the point that there were flowers all over the dress. Please just imagine the drama behind it ~ but know that it was precious, sweet drama. She had even {already before seeing Frank} planned that she wanted Frank to wear his pink shirt which she LOVES. I think she was also very concerned about hurting my feelings that I wasn't invited, because she kept telling me that she has another surprise, and I will get to come to school in the spring.

Well, February 5th finally came. I have no good picture because I felt a little silly taking the camera into the classroom full of daddies while carrying Walker with Stephen by my side. I took this one from the door. It's as good as it gets~

Mary Frances had a ball! When we went around the table at dinner to tell the family what our favorite part of the day was, she did not hesitate, did not stop to think, did not hedge ~ her answer was a resounding "having daddy come to school with me." After dinner, the big children went to play, I went to sew, and Frank went through some work. Mary Frances brought him the to wear since she was working.

One proud 4 1/2 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment