March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Ragamuffins...

Who takes their children to Publix looking like this?


Usually not me! Towards the end of an already successful yet full day (pictures and the pool) I knew after naps was the only way we were getting the grocery shopping done for the week. I didn't need dinner, and shockingly I didn't even need milk, but I did need some items to do some baking tomorrow. More than that, I need my 7 month old to have a chance at a morning nap in his crib without interruption and don't want to take time away from cleaning the house, baking with the big kids or going to the pool tomorrow. So that is why we left the house at almost 5:00 in the rain looking like ragamuffins.

The funny story for the day needs a preface. My now 4 year old is a very cautious young lady and is terrified of the thought of swimming without holding someones hands. Yes, my friends that does make going to the pool with a two year old and a 7 month old a challenge, but we do it. At the beginning of the summer, Frank and I decided that we needed some friendly competition between Mary Frances and Stephen to help overcome her fear of swimming so we made a "Swimmer of the Day" award. (I'll post pictures later.) Today, for the first time all summer Walker went to sleep on the lounge chair making it really easy for me to swim with the other two. I was swimming with MFS when her goggles sank to the bottom of the pool. For some reason I decided to dive down and get them instead of using my feet. She loved it. When I came up she said, "Mommy I think that earns the swimmer of the day."

No comments:

Post a Comment