March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Whew...

Finally, I could sleep again last night. If you know me you know I don't sleep very well when I have something big or at least big in my world going on. Mary Frances had her first friend birthday party yesterday. I think it was a success. Just look at that face...
She has been asking for a princess party since October. I am not a big birthday party person, but knew I needed to do one once she started asking repeatedly. I'm also not a girly girl and don't buy into this princess thing so we compromised. We had a princess fairy tea party with the girls. I struggled with each aspect of the planning. I wanted it to be simple yet fun and special for Mary Frances. I wanted there to be a plan so that the girls weren't bored, but didn't want to dictate every aspect of the day. I wanted it to be entertaining but not over the top. I settled on a scavenger hunt for things from the yard to make fairy houses. Frank helped the girls build the fairy house. The fairies came to visit while they were eating lunch. In the end, the girls played on the swing set and in our office which also serves as the playroom most of the time.

Frank's mom was a tremendous help. She is very talented with flowers and made the headpieces for each girl. The food was very child friendly - peanut butter and jelly, fruit kabobs, pretzels, and petit fours. In reality, they would have been content with a bowl of pink m&ms. Who knew? Norval also made precious wands for each girl from sugar cookies and lollipop sticks.
Looking ahead...The week is busy with Norval's birthday present - shh its a surprise, thinking towards fall clothes for the children, dinner for the parents of new babies, photographs of Walker, doctor's appointment for Mary Frances, a stack of monogramming, and two speech presentations to prepare! Yikes at least I slept last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment