March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, October 18, 2013

MIA

Yes, we are missing in action!  Our life is full of action.  Fall is busy.  Winter is busy.  Spring is busy.  Summer is busy.  Yet, I don't love to think of being busy.  Busy is okay, and it is our life.  But I don't won't to be busy for the sake of being busy.  I want our busy to be worthwhile and meaningful.  The fact is, we are a family of six and that means we are busy - always.
Spectators at the MidAm.
We are in a good place.  I feel like we are truly busy, but it is busy in a good way.  Busy that is fulfilling.  Not busy just to fill the time.  It is funny how when I am busy in a good way, more gets accomplished.  I'm learning to use little pockets of time to get things done, and I'm learning that I don't have to be five minutes early to be on time.  One drawback to this busy life is that there is little time to sit at my computer and document what is keeping us so busy.  So what have we been doing...    
 
We've been playing fall ball -
I would say Stephen has his first love.  He LOVES baseball. 

While Stephen is actually the only one playing baseball it definitely involves the entire family.  Playing baseball in the fall is supposed to be a little less involved than in the spring.  And that is true.  It is a relatively short season and we only have practice once a week with games typically on Sunday.  I have to cushion our time at the ball park by at least 10 minutes because Betsy wants to walk up and down each and every step.
Both directions.  Either way we get there.  And as you can see there are lots of steps.

We've been busy spending time together -
My scientists are making something.
MidAm
Playing in the front yard

Ready to hike
We've been busy watching a transformation of our yard -
We've been busy going on adventures -
The boys went camping!
And the girls went to Mobile to meet Baby Harriet!
 
We've been busy with school, watching football, cooking, cleaning, volunteering, and playing with friends -

Pink for Breast Cancer and Blue/White for Cougar Spirit
Give drugs the boot!
We've been busy waiting for it to feel like fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment