March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Feels Like Fall

We are experiencing some cooler temperatures here in Birmingham.  Part of me wants to say finally, but I'm afraid that is only because I am tired of my clothes and I want to wear slacks and not feel hot as I get in and out of the car running here, there, and yonder. 

The cooler weather makes me want to enjoy time outside with my children.  Last weekend Frank made a trip to Dallas to surprise his aunt for her 60th birthday.  That left me here with the kiddos, and I wanted to do something fun and out of the ordinary.

For awhile now, I have been wanting to go to Moss Rock Preserve so that was the outing that I planned.  I was met with complete resistance!  They whined, and cried, and complained as I made our picnic.  The grumbled and bickered the entire drive.  No one wanted to go! 

But I did and their behavior was not going to get me to change my mind.  It only fueled my fire that this was going to happen. 

And it did...

at least briefly.

Betsy was ecstatic.  She literally squealed when I took out the baby backpack and started to put her in it.
The boys immediately snapped out of their funk and had fun traipsing through the woods looking for sticks and noticing rocks.  Mary Frances continued to complain but she enjoyed carrying the camera and act as our photographer.

 
Our adventure was short-lived because of rain, but I am looking forward to going back as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment