March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Confessions of Time Slipping By

The first confession I will make is that the "cancelled" post sat in my draft file for the better part of a week before being completed and posted.  Sometimes it is hard to write, edit, upload, etc...
 
The second confession is that these pictures have been sitting in an untitled post in my draft file for more than a fortnight.
 
Stephen's special week at school was a few weeks ago.  This mama couldn't get things together at all.  You see that big orange spot on the poster.  That is where we intended to put a baby picture.  It never happened.  The picture I pulled was not Stephen but instead Mary Frances.  No one would have known, but I just couldn't do that.

As a part of your child's special week you bring snacks for the class for the week.  We made some fun, healthy snacks and Stephen was an excellent sous chef.  You are then invited to visit the classroom when the poster is presented.  Frank was travelling some that week so we went on Friday.  So cute to see your child talk about their life and then hear the questions their friends ask.
We then stayed for lunch which is one of Walker's favorite Friday {a.k.a. "Mama Day"} past times.

More ballpark images...Can you tell where we have been spending a lot of our time.  Sweet Stephen and a classmate {sibling of Mary Frances' friend, child of my cross country "big sister", grandchild of family friends of Franks - you get the drift we are pretty connected} of his are are in their element helping those girls warm up!  As for the confession there - ball season is fun, but I'm glad to see the season winding down.  Late nights, full Saturdays, and multiple events in a week start to take their toll on a family of six.  We are getting grumpy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment