March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lingering Christmas Cards

One of my favorite things about the season of Advent is receiving cards from family and friends.  I love that I get to see my friends' children ~ especially those friends who I never get to see in person.  I also realize how hard they have probably worked to get a picture to put on that card, and I appreciate that.  I feel honored that they wanted to share that with me. 
This year I am putting the cards we receive on the large bulletin board in our mudroom.  It is so fun to see my children go look at the cards and see their friends.  Inevitably, I'm called in to answer who someone might be.  I love when it is the family of an old friend so I can then share a story of our past.
For those of you who receive a Christmas card by mail from our family, you know I ended up sending one of the entire family.  We've never done that but there was no reason not to.  And it really was the best picture of all of the children. 
I'm still working on Steve's list and a few straggling addresses from my own, but hope to knock that out today.  Oh yea, and all the neighbors that I intend to deliver by foot to save on postage.  There is nothing worse than a lingering project.  I like a nice clean check to signify completion.  Maybe I can accomplish that today!


No comments:

Post a Comment