March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Pooka Bear

Wow!  Sweet boy, I can't believe you are four years old today. 
I've heard it said that four is a magic age. 
I don't know about that, but I do know that three is a hard age - trying is what I think the literature says.  It is, as my dad has so eloquently stated, the first adolescence.  You want to do it on your own in your own way yet you aren't quite ready.  That has been particularly true for you my third child or maybe it is just fresh in my memory. 
 

You want to hang with your big brother and sister and you do so beautifully, yet you still want to be my baby boy.   
 
 
 
I'll be the first to admit it was a LONG summer
and there were moments that I didn't think we were going to survive.
But we did!  
We made it to the first day of school for Mary Frances and Stephen and your rose to the occasion in a big way.  I'm not sure if it is because you are growing up or because we were doing age appropriate things for a three year old, but you became the big brother and "Mr. Responsible."
 
You love to help me in the kitchen, go on adventures with your brothers, listen to stories, play with your cousin, talk on the phone, eat bread, and sleep with your blabla.  You don't like for me to wear exercise clothes, eat vegetables, sleep by yourself. or clean up.
 
 



 
Here's your birthday video...
Happy Birthday Pooka Bear.  I hope you have a fun-filled year... I love you and am so thankful that you are a part of our family.

1 comment: