March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Playing Hooky

We spent a long weekend playing hooky from our everyday lives.  The children had Monday off for a teacher workday.  We checked them out of school on Thursday and went to the beach for an extra long weekend.  This is something we haven't done in a long time and it was oh so much fun.
 
Grab a cup of coffee and sit back and enjoy our time laughing and playing and reading and relaxing.
 





A Blue Angel plane flying past...

Stephen is ready to "scuba dive" ~ not yet but he is almost ready to snorkel in the islands.

The house we rented had two kayaks...

...and lots of sand toys.





One afternoon we journeyed down 30A to Seaside to get a little ice cream treat.
Betsy loves to play "Ring around the Rosie" and her brothers can happily oblige ~ every once in a while.

Mary Frances is learning how to use a camera.  Thank goodness because I need some current pictures of Frank and me.
So fun to see my little ones loving to read.  Mary Frances read 10 books while we were away.  Seeing her get excited about sitting down to read might be worth taking her out of school for two days.
These are the best dam builders I know.  Too bad I don't have pictures of their efforts.  A little ways up the beach there was a canal of sorts where Stephen was entertained for hours building dams.  Who wouldn't be ~ it is amazing how you can redirect the flow of water.

 We only had a few of these moments - thank goodness!
 No Christmas card pictures in the bunch, but lots of fun memories.
 Our Pooka Bear!
 Just the little ones...

...and now the big two but not on the beach.
A big thank you to my sweet family for a fun time at the beach making memories and starting traditions.  Now how long do you think we can get away with taking them out of school for two days?

No comments:

Post a Comment