March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Up Up and Away

Life is a whirlwind...
and leaves me feeling like this most of the time.
Last week, all week, I was on an emotional roller coaster.  I felt like I got one piece of tragic, heartbreaking news after another.  None of the events are my stories to share yet they had my stomach in knots and my heart in my throat for most of the week.  Each event left me praying a little longer and a little harder while also reaching out to hug each of my babies and my husband a little longer and a little harder.  It was a week that made the ordinary post dinner events moments to cherish and remember fondly.
 
 
Really, how can you not smile with those adorable faces in your house?  May they always love each other!
Friday was my birthday.  I took my little ones to the zoo.
We made ice cream and shared it with neighbors.
And then on Saturday we left for Mobile.  We saw family.  We saw friends.  We played with cousins.  We played with friends.  We drove a lot.  And the only pictures I took were when I was with the kiddos by myself at Pt. Clear.  I wish someone had been with me to share those precious moments but then again if someone had been with me they probably wouldn't have been so special.  Thank goodness for my camera!
While we were gallivanting around LA, and yes of course I mean of the Lower Alabama variety, Frank has been hiking/camping/backpacking in the Wind River Range of Wyoming.  Here are some of the sights he enjoyed.
Makes you want to go, doesn't it?
My love, we will be glad to welcome you home tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment