March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Just A Good Day

How do you go to bed?  I for one go to bed exhausted each and every evening.  Truly, I crash within minutes of my head hitting the pillow.  Last night was no exception though as I crashed there was an extra big smile of contentment on my face and in my heart.  It had been just a good day ~ nothing really out of the ordinary happened but it was just a really good day ~ a full day.
 
Do you ever have days like that?  I'm sure you don't really care about mine, but I'd like to document it.  It was a day that I want to remember when I'm having a not so great day. Here are some of the highlights...Be warned, you might want to grab a cup of coffee because I'm likely to ramble.
 
Our morning began early, but then again they always do.  Frank and Stephen had the opportunity to go to the Auburn football game with some friends.  They were picked up at 7:30. 
When they were picked up the daddy left his younger child to play with Walker and Betsy.  You see the mama of that family is expecting their third child in a few weeks, and it dawned on me that she might relish a quiet morning in her own house. 
 
I have no pictures of that part of our day, but Walker and this child are the same age and play well together.  We ran a quick errand {more on that later} and then went to Pepper Place for tomatoes, but we spent most of our time in the backyard swinging.  I know not all children love to swing, but these could have been pushed on the swing all day.
She left, and we ate lunch, unloaded the dishwasher {me}, played chase {them}, and played Candyland.  Sorry you get the mundane details of our life...
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you Mary Frances was away.  She spent the night with a friend.  We have definitely entered a new stage there.  She had a ball...

When Mary Frances arrived home we read so I could put the little ones down for a nap.  Mary Frances read for a bit and then asked if she could get one of our neighbors to come play.  That was fine by me because I hoped it would allow me to fold the three loads of laundry that were clean but not folded while listening to the Alabama game.

Well that neighbor playing became a revolving door.  Our next door neighbors were having friends over to watch the Alabama game.  They asked if it was okay if the little ones used our swing set.  Again fine by me...
By that time, Frank was home, and I'd moved to a new project ~ working on dinner and preparing lunch for the nursery workers at church.  Mary Frances became bored with the boys in the backyard playing football and came to me again.  She asked if she could see if another neighbor and her little brother {who happens to be Walker's age} could come over.  Again this was fine by me.  What's another child or two when your yard is sprinkled with ten you don't know.  Mary Frances had no luck there so returned to ask if there was anyone else.  My response: What about Betty?  Her eyes twinkled.  She returned with Betty and her two younger brothers.  Their appearance was magical to me.  You see I've been missing this family.  They are Steve's next door neighbors, and we became good friends when we were displaced from our house.  Now we don't see them often enough.  So what did I do?  Call the parents to ask them to eat dinner.  They came and it was such a fun night!

Okay I'm off to finish that pasta - I've still gotta chop the tomatoes, cut the basil and crumble some feta.
No surprises here...our life is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment