March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

We're Home

Finally, we're home...
Let's not forget the precious little one who will finally sleep in a room and not in the foyer by the front door.
We baked our first cookies, cooked our first supper, read our first books, had our first fire, and spent the first night in our house last night.
You see where my priorities lie ~ It wasn't getting sheets on the beds but instead what meal would we prepare and what old favorites could we read off of our bookshelf. My children were thrilled to have their Curious George back, and it is no surprise that the first story we read was Curious George Goes to the Hospital.I must tell you that despite my many grumbles and complaints over the last 15 months it was certainly worth the wait!



It is far more than I could have ever wanted or needed. I look forward to the countless memories we will make as we turn this house into our home.
What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pictures as you get settled in. And the picture by the fire in the Christmas pjs is too cute.

    ReplyDelete