March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Newest Daredevil Among Us

We have gone from a new walker to daredevil in just a few short weeks. It seems it was just yesterday that we were playing in the front yard and several people walking by stopped to comment on our "new walker." Walker began walking at almost 15 months and was running by 16 months. One of his favorite things to do is escape our backyard through the gate that doesn't quite shut! Not too long ago he couldn't make it through the gate without a reprimand. Well now he can get all the way past the car and to the grass before I get to him.

Well this week he has become quite adventuresome! Here are some shots to show off his newest stunts...
Yes, he stands all the way up and lets go ~


I tried to shoot stealthily so as not to encourage ~

I was telling my brother about these latest stunts and in reference to the above picture he said "what's so bad about that." {Mind you my brother is the one in the family who had so many stitches that my mom new the ER doctor's names.} My response, "nothing until he does a forward roll over the swing and lands face down with a mouth full of dirt." Needless to say we had brown bath water~
Full of excitement and determination ~ He would get to the top and barrel down the slide as if it was a roller coaster ~


Mary Frances would catch him ~


He couldn't walk when he got off because his balance was so affected~


He's off to do it again...if he did it once, he did it fifty times ~

No comments:

Post a Comment