March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mental Images

Can you believe it? Two in one day...Don't get used to it though I do have lots I want to fill you in on.

I just don't want to forget some of the mental images of our Sunday so I feel I must attempt to capture them in print. Some are directly related to me and my family, but others just represent a life worth living ~ little moments that add up to a good life ~

1) While walking through the parking deck headed to church, all five of us were walking together holding hands and then departing in the alley. Stephen ran back to Mary Frances to give one last hug. When he caught back up to me, he said, "Do you know why I did that?" "Because I love her!"
2) A mother in front of me rustling her daughter's hair. I can't quite put my finger on how old the girl was but she was old enough that her mother's touch could have been annoying her. Instead, when her mother stopped she looked up and smiled in only a way a daughter can to say "please don't stop".
3) Dean Limehouse approaching the pulpit as he does each Sunday before he preaches ~ he kneels to pray and I know he fingers the placard that says "Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel"
4) Our first real family "movie night" ~ Stephen engrossed in Dumbo, Mary Frances snuggled in next to me, and Walker standing by the coffee table dancing whenever he heard music.

There are probably countless other examples of the gift of life I have been given and that I wanted to share but I have already forgotten and so you now get the real deal...my babies {who are growing up} on just an ordinary Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment