March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome Happy Morning

We have experienced the highs and lows of life over the last month. It has truly been a blur and I have barely grazed the surface in my posting. As time passes and as I have time I will share more of what I want to say about Tootsie's life and death, but today is not the day. Nor is it the day to recap the trivial events between then and now as we search for what Steve calls a new kind of normal. I do however want to share some of the events of our Easter weekend.

Easter has always been my favorite holiday! I love the freshness of spring, the newness of life, the hope of the resurrection. I have wonderful childhood memories of attending church and hunting real eggs at my grandparents' house. Looking back I marvel that my grandparents went to that effort when it was normally just my brother and me. I want to create those same types of memories for my children.

We began our Easter weekend with a phone call from my brother around 9:00 on Good Friday saying they were being admitted to Labor and Deliver. I called Frank to see what our plan of attack was going to be. I know that sounds silly ~ we've known for sometime this baby was coming, and I was leaving for Mobile as soon as I got the word. The exact details were unknown and dependent on the date, the time of day, what to do with our children etc... My sweet husband had just logged onto his computer at work, and he immediately shut down to accompany us south. Just south of Montgomery, we received word from my brother that Sarah Adaline was born. How wonderful to be there just hours after her delivery. What a joyous Good Friday!

On Saturday, we made it home to attend an Easter egg hunt and begin to prepare the house for the dinner guests we were anticipating after church.
Many things were left undone ~ we didn't dye eggs, another year came and went and I was unable to squeeze in making the Resurrection Cookies, the house was dusty and the bathrooms could have used a scrubbin', but the table was set, the meal was prepared, and the children were dressed.


We attended a glorious Easter service and spent time playing in God's creation while dinner was cooking.
We ate a delicious yet simple meal and enjoyed the company of each other. After dinner, the children {and I} napped and Frank sawed, drilled, and hammered.

Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

  1. I love their precious faces...and their outfits. They turned out fabulous!!! Wishing y'all a slow and uneventful week!!!! Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete