March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Saints, A Sitter, Steve, and A Softball Game

Frank has been travelling some this week.  We always miss him when he is gone, but we also try to make the most of our life and have fun in his absence.  Life goes on...
 
 Yes, of course ShuShu's cheese straws make a wonderful afternoon snack!  At least they are additive and preservative free.
Late this afternoon, Mary Frances was invited to spend the night out.  Just as she drove off, the ice cream truck turned onto our street.  I have never been the one to initiate a trip to that truck.  In fact I can count on probably one hand the amount of ice cream we have bought from that man, but I thought what the heck the little ones should have a little fun too. 
 
More asides, we also still LOVE our dress up clothes an that spend the night invitation means neither of us have to leave to get her to the high school at 7:25 tomorrow morning.
 
Okay, none of that has anything to do with all the /s/ sounds in my title.  Then again, maybe they could and I should add another word - snacks.
 
Just kidding!  The reason for the post is last night...It was full of /s/ fun!
 
Before I knew Frank was going to be away, I had engaged a sitter to watch the three little ones so Frank and I could tag-team 6:00 batting practice and a 6:00 St. Paul's "On the Road" Reunion.  Those 7:00 games are tough on everyone, and I can tell the school year is winding down.  We are all tired, and I knew they needed the chance at a good nights sleep. 
 
It was such a treat to pick up a young neighbor at 5:30 and take her back to my house with my little ones who were already bathed and fed.  My plan was to then take Mary Frances to the high school for batting practice before attending the SPS event for a bit before making my way back to the game.  My plan would have worked out fine, but Frank's sweet father called yesterday morning to see if there was anything he could do to help.  I can be stubborn and am quite awful at asking for help.  I am forever making my life more complicated than it has to be and am often even guilty of refusing help when it is offered, however, I took him up on his offer and let him take Mary Frances to batting practice.  Remind me that I want to be that person who makes offers like that to others...Remind me to let others help me...Remind me that it truly does take a village...
 
The St.Paul's event was fun and it was so nice to walk up to the softball game just as it was beginning and be completely present.  Typically, I feel like I am half there.  I am half watching the Rangers play softball while half attempting to keep three other children under tabs.
 

If you stuck with me through all of that rambling then you are a trooper...
 
I'm saving "today" for "tomorrow" and will share some fun pictures of my babies at the Botanical Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment