March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, May 16, 2014

The Graduate

On Wednesday, Walker had his Graduation Program from St. Luke's Day School.  We almost didn't make it, but that is another story.

Walker loves a performance.  We were sitting on the back row and could hear his sweet voice singing Jesus Loves Me and each additional song.
Sometimes my camera captures the perfect moment.  This teacher loves her students.
To make the day a bit more special, I checked Mary Frances and Stephen out of school.
Ms. Nan has taught each of my children 4K.  She is a wonderful person and an awesome teacher.  My older two children have summer birthdays, and in this community that seems to be automatic grounds for holding your children back.  Not me!  And especially not with the guidance of Ms. Nan.  They were ready to enter kindergarten and excel at Crestline.  Walker is also ready.  He has grown up so much this year, and the transition to elementary school should be a good one.
Not only did Walker have Ms. Nan, but he had Ms. Diane with her.  You may remember I dubbed them the "Dynamic Duo", and it was an accurate prediction of the year to come.
These two ladies are both retiring at the end of this school year.  It makes me sad that my sweet Betsy will not get to experience their love in the classroom, but I am so thankful that my others knew them and learned from them.


There were some parents who were really sad at graduation.  They were sad as they watched an oldest or a youngest close a chapter in their lives.  I really wasn't sad.  I shed a few tears as the director talked about Ms. Nan and Ms. Diane, but I am not sad that Walker is moving on.  Moving on is a good thing. It is what I want as a parent.  I realize that each stage has its own struggles, but moving on is fun.  As our children get older we are able to have more and more fun together.
As I review these pictures, I have a few tears in my eyes though again those are not sad tears.  Instead, they are tears of joy and happiness.  I am so thankful for the family I have and the memories we make together.  I am thankful that I checked my older two out of school so that I have these pictures of all of them together.  That is a gift for me!  I am thankful that three of my four will be in school together next year.  Another gift!
Walker you have become such a big boy!
I love that smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment